Print this page (pdf)
To provide administrative skill in the input and management of the MCDCC database of adult volunteers, campers and program aides for various sessions of camp.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Registrar is accountable to the Day Camp Administrator for the quality and delivery of work produced. The registrar will work under the direction of the Day Camp Directors they are assigned to work with for various sessions of camp.
- Provides input into the development and updating of the registration form and receives and processes registrations If needed, participate in a lottery for camp sessions
- Establish and maintain a wait list for each session of camp
- Establish and maintain a database inputting all date received on campers, adults and Program Aides.
- Maintain that database and update directors on at least a weekly basis, with both hard and electronic copies
- Track camperships
- Send out standard letters of confirmation including health history form to all adult volunteers (including VSA and training log), Program Aides (including training log) and campers no later than 2 weeks after the lottery date
- Maintain day camp staff training database
- Two weeks prior to the onset of each camp session, the final standard confirmation letter will be sent to every camper
- Provide directors, administrator and Council with requested or required reports within 48 hours of request or, prior to 48 hours of due date
- Receive and respond to parent phone calls/emails within 48-72 hours or request assistance to meet this standard. Handle negative customer complaints in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate quality customer service through professionalism and courtesy in all interactions with day camp staff, MCDCC members, parents and campers
- Willingness to uphold the Girl Scout Promise and Laws whenever you represent MCDCC
- Collect health forms as they arrive, track diversity information and then secure these forms in a confidential manner until three weeks before each camp session when they can be passed on to the health supervisor or camp nurse.
- Generate the diversity and statistics report for Council at the end of each session.
- Collect Carpool Release forms from parents and send to Transportation Coordinator on a weekly basis
- Along with the standard information incomplete letter, return forms to parents that are incomplete and request that they be returned by a deadline date Send out any other standard form letters as directed by the Administrator
- Attend all day camp committee meetings
- Adhere to all day camp timelines, deadlines and budgets as they pertain to registration.
- Experience in recordkeeping required
- Experience with database and computer applications a must
- Extreme accuracy in the input and maintenance of database records
- Strong organization skills
- Able to work with difficult people in a positive manner
- Previous experience working with volunteers helpful
- Demonstrates a high level of quality customer service at all levels of interaction
- Willingness to uphold the ideals of Girl Scouting as they pertain to the Promise and Law