Day Camp Assistant Director
Print this page (pdf)
The Day Camp Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Day Camp with the operation of the camp site; health and safety of campers and staff; setting program goals and objectives; providing effective business administration; establishing operational compliance with GS of Northern California (GSNC), GSUSA, and State of California regulations, standards and guidelines.
AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
The Assistant Day Camp Director is accountable to the Day Camp Director for quality of work produced. She or he will assist all staff in carrying out their assigned duties through counsel, advice and guidance.
- Responsible for adherence to the GSNC Volunteer Personnel Policies and specific camp expectations as communicated by the Director.
- Assists with staff training prior to camp
- Sees that records are kept and reports are filed as assigned by the Director and assists with the final reporting and overall evaluation of camp
- Assists in determining the framework for program in camp
- Assists with development and implementation of safety procedures and emergency plans. Acts as a member of the Crisis Team.
- Assists with bringing camp to an orderly closing.
- Attend training as specified by GSNC.
- Completion of Camp Director Training course is highly desirable
- At least one season of experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity (preferably in organized youth activities)
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout Program
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Documented experience in developing and implementing program for children
- Documented experience in delivering training plans
- Documented experience in working with people from diverse backgrounds and abilities
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures desirable
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and make independent decisions. Ability to evaluate and make desirable changes. Ability to use good judgment regarding personnel issues and health and safety issues.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations
- Ability to help direct others in a crisis situation.
rev. 2/08 dsv